The Cratehouse is definitely a punch of color added to the industrial town of Castleford in the UK. The pavilion (or sculpture), designed by German artists Wolfgang Winter and Berthold Hörbelt, is made of… you guessed it… a few hundred yellow crates sitting on two shipping containers. The concept behind it was to create a meeting point or clubhouse for locals of a city with industrial heritage.
The Cratehouse on Sagar Street in Castleford is open and free for anyone to visit but no more than 10 people are allowed in at a time.
Calendar Of Articles
- Now Interrupting Your Regular Programming
- One Alaskan’s Perspective
- The Elevator
- You Know What Sucks?
- McCain And Who?
- From The Music Department: Going Old School
- The Next Generation House
- The Wonderful New York City
- A Floating Weekend Retreat
- What’s The Big Deal?
- A Whole Lot Of Randomness
- Serial No. 3817131
- Gehry’s Serpentine Pavilion Unveiled
- Cutting The Impossible
Giving You Quality Entertainment Since 2007