Even though I drank quite a few drinks, I was able to complete my hostess duties last night. But today I woke up with sort of a hangover.
It’s horrible. It feels like every time I close my eyes when I blink, someone is hitting me in the back of the head with a baseball bat. My eyes are burning as I stare at my computer trying to write this posting.
Speaking English and very little Dominican. We used sentences during the party that contain words like apple martini, ice, Amstel, Madonna (oh! Madonna…), reggae, burritos, allergies.
Celebrities scheduled to appear include:
– business mogul and soon-to-outrun-Donald Trump, Quincy
– awesome sister of the Chief Pompomist, Jael
– technology expert and soon-to-outrun-Bill Gates, Yadel
– professional merengue (and possibly salsa) dancer, Brian [Wow, I’m still impressed!]
– soon-to-be-married, Gisett
– soon-to-be first time homeowners, Lety and Juan
– and many, many others
The reason for this is two of the most beautiful words in the English language: house party. I hadn’t held a house party in a very long time. It was overdue. I got enough drinks to make me really happy. But I was not in the top 5th percentile of drunkest people in the room.
Like I’ve said before, it’s interesting to see the happiness that a good supply of alcohol can quickly bring to a group of respectable young professionals. Lost of talking and drinking… and a little bit of dance too. We had a great time. Love you guys!